
This is my first car, Sigfried, named after West German decathlete star Sigfried Wentz (AKA "Siggie"). He, as you recall, was the bronze medalist in Rome '87, behind East German winner Thorston Voss.
Anywayz, I inherited it from my Grandparents. Herbert (grandpa) had driven it in its early days in 1973, then my cousins Stan and Steve took over and drove it around the area and down to the river. It sat in it's little garage for a decade or so, rusting away in dispair. Then I saved it and drove it down, and...lots more.
Later it tried to kill me, so I sold it. Back to work, people.
7 comments:
It tried to kill you?????
And "it's" means "it is" and is not plural.
And of course I recall Siggie. Sheesh. Need you even ask?
Sooo cute...I miss mine...althought it tried to kill me too...
they do that, I've been targeted by two different volkswagons that werent even mine!
I still don't know how or why it tried to kill you. Are you talking about the time you drove into a fallen tree across OM Lane after the terrible 80mph wind storm of '91 - 2 ?
Geez dad, don't bring that up! They'll think I'm a bad driver. No, I'm talking about when I was driving toward the freeway from the swank house and when I was almost there the axle broke, sending me careening into the sidewalk at 25 mph. But better than on the freeway a minute later at 60 mph. I escaped death yet again! So that was the last straw and I sold it. Got $1500 for it though, which is good money considering it had 99,000 miles on it. And a 'tude.
Well Hey ! It wasn't totally your fault. It was the morning after a dark and stormy night . You weren't wide awake yet as you drove down the lane on your way to school on that cold , dark January morning .
The bug's lights weren't so bright that you could see the fallen tree loom into view when suddenly . . . .
screeeech , thump , clunk . Whew , That was close !
Post a Comment