Friday, March 03, 2006

Horse and Buggy

Here's an interesting photo dated September, 1957. It features an handsome horse in the foreground, held by someone I don't recognize (a young Grandma Gladys maybe?) and a cherry '55 bug in the background! Also beautiful beautiful brick tudor! (The bug is also a tudor of course) This also showcases the power of photoshop; This was all shades of pink and red when I scanned it, and I was able to coax out what is at least close to the original colors. Parents, if you want to fill in any details, I'm all ears.

5 comments:

ible said...

The lady is Vivian Breakwell, mom's very first riding teacher. She was from England, a very proper lady. The horse is her purebred arabian stallion, Royal Victory. The beautiful brick tudor is in Sorrento, B.C. on the shores of Shuswap Lake and has since been turned into a bed and breakfast if I remember correctly. The VW was her maid's car, until her husband ran off with the maid. Honest.

Mille

AAM said...

Holy crap! I love it! It's the perfect setting for an Agatha Christie novel, was there a butler? Please tell me there was a butler. If there was, he did it.

ible said...

Yes, I believe there was a butler, too.

ible said...

INDEED, THERE WAS A BUTLER . ( Mille informs me ) Mr. Hoss by name. Mr. Hoss had plans for his own royal victory but had to get rid of the jackass first and so arrange a solution in collusion with the maid . He then married Mrs Breakwell for her fortune.

But Mrs Breakwell had her own plans. She rid the butler by sending him across the pond then bought herself a real stud for her new mare, Vivians' Victory.

shellswick said...

Wasn't that a deleted scene in Gosford Park?