Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Game Fantasys!

Here's a grade school assignment from...4th or 5th grade. It's a book written by my friend Leith (NOT "Leaf" which is what my wax-filled ears thought they heard, but that's another story) and illustrated by me.

Here's the cover. Please note:
1. only the middle space ship with the orange exhaust is authentic. The rest of the sketches and witty commentary were added in later years.
2. space pilots still need tight-fitting leather helmets with goggles, just like WWII pilots.
3. The high tech green yarn binding is...high tech green yarn.
4. My young self saw the typographic possibilities of adding a cat head into the M. Brilliant!
5. Even at this young age, I was practicing making things shiny and bejeweled. (cockpit of spaceship under "embarrasing")

5 comments:

ible said...

Hey I never saw this one . The cat "M' is terrific . And your grasp of areo dynamics is advanced for that age . I think .

ible said...

like I said

ible said...

In your complete Profile you say your interest is "Shot PUDDING "

Question : How many shots are needed to make pudding for six ?

Can sucralose be a substitute ?

Christian said...

I actually did the "good" sketchs at a later date, so it's not necessarily good for that age...

How many shots for pudding for six? I'm not that much into heavily alcohol'd deserts, so I'd be happy with about three shots.

Did you know that Kiwi/Strawberry Talking Rain has less than 5 calories? Thanks to the miracle of Sucralose.

ible said...

No I din't . I only drink well water - it's loaded with all kinds of natural stuff . ( you don't want to know )

Your grasp of aero dynamics at any age is valid .

WOW ! I'll take a triple pudding water back , please .