Thursday, October 13, 2005

Apple stock

Apple yesterday released a video ipod, which will change the very nature of how people think and act, and usher in the age of Aquarius. They also announced their earnings, which broke all previous records, and they TRIPLED their net profits. So what are the headlines?

"...Microsoft stock is down $2 over the past month, and tech stocks in general were down yesterday after concerns were raised about Intel and Apple sales."

The truth: Analysts wanted/expected net profits to QUADRUPLE from last year's record profits. Unfortunately Apple only "shipped 1.24-million Macs and 6.45-million iPods, which represents 48 percent and 220 percent growth over last year, respectively. For fiscal '05, the mothership gathered revenues of $13.93 billion and a net profit of $1.335 billion, reflecting annual growth of 68 percent and 384 percent, respectively, and representing the highest annual revenue and net profit in the Apple's history." Yup. Apple's in the toilet. Better sell your stock now.

Also, what's wrong with this sentence?: "Microsoft is expected to report better-than-expected sales tomorrow."

How can "better-than-expected" be expected? Wouldn't that just be "expected"? So of course if MS's sales aren't "better than expected," the stock will go down. I hate the stock market. This is human nature at its worst. I hate all people. Grumble. I need coffee.

5 comments:

ible said...

AHA ! You got it ! So what's left ? Right ? AND When you're right whose left .

snusnu said...

But I wanted the iMaid which would clean my house and make my life perfect!

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott said...

I expected this article to be better than expected.

and it was.

But wait, does that mean it was over rated? falsely inflated, mashed potatoed, kept iratated?

Sheesh, makes me wanna buy an apple.

Scott said...

just heard a npr report on how jails across the southern states are now full of petty criminals that should have been released had the new orleans thing not occured. But now trespassers and other non-violent offenders are clogging the already heavy prison populations.

To you soft core criminals I say, "stay soft. Don't let those meany weenies get you hard".