Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spring Fling results

So I was entered in the meet, that's the good news. Ok there's more. I didn't get injured. Threw the 56 lb. weight for the first time. Just did a swing between the legs, swing it to the left a bit and cast it out. about 17'. My shortest throwing pr. But a PR nonetheless. 

A highlight was the shot put; the last event it turns out. 13.09. Pretty good, and the leading throw, until Matt Burks exploded in the last round with 13.18. I threw after him, but couldn't respond. I don't seem to respond well in the clutch. But still 43'1" isn't bad. Still chasing 44'. 

Otherwise deplorable discus: 34m. 

Hammer 27m. 35lb weight, 9.47m I believe. But all PRs, if only because I've never thrown the in competition before. 

I didn't get any applause until the shot put. I didn't particularly enjoy being the "comic relief" practically while throwing most implements. But then my charter isn't to be mediocre in 5 events, it's to be really good in one event. Or at least break my PR in it. But really I need to break 47'6", my triple jump PR, by Nationals. Then I can rest.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I am applauding now!

Perhaps if we swam more???