Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Pirates Poster2

a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, grasshopper. Below is the actual scratchboard, cut from the 18x24" parent sheet. Unfortunately it tends to warp at first, before I tame it with a layer of ink. For fun I've squeezed all of our pets under the scratchboard in this shot. But I think one ate another one, oops:





















The finished poster! (except for the art part):



Scratchboard art really needs to have the ink applied by the artist, and the only stuff that comes un-inked is from Esdee in England. Everything else is pre-inked crap: The ink is so old that it flakes off. And don't worry, the strokes show up here from the reflection of the flash, it'll show up as nothing but inky, inky blackness. Like looking back into the infiniteness of the universe, in a world before time. A blackhole of creativity.

1 comment:

AAM said...

IT speaks to the unfufilled potential of humanity and its integral part in the universe and the blankness of both space and time as a whole.