The unthinkable has happened. While busting a move, motivating like beckham and being generally off-the-chain, I tweaked the left biceps femoris while biting a chav. Translation: I pulled my hamstring. So now I get to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark tonight. It's been a tradition that whenever I get a major injury, I sit on the couch and watch the Lucas/Spielburgian masterpiece.
It all started back in 19 tickety-two when I was 14 and having a break-out year in track (long jumping 19'2") when a basketball injury during lunch (Gary VanBrocklin shoved me while I was up in the air, twisting my ankle) put me out for a couple weeks. But that night Dad had rented Raiders, which was something I really wanted to see, and it made me feel better.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We shall Raid that damn lost ark together while I knit and act wifely and accommodating.
Awww I'm sorry you are injured. Let us know if we can help.
Post a Comment