Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My season thus far

Sadly, I haven't plucked up the gumption to throw my flaming hamma yet in competition, but I did whirl it around the lawn a few times this weekend, terrifying the neighbors. I didn't hit the car though.

My first meet was a bust, in that yes, I woulda hit a PR, and did in warm ups (~44'6"), but alas could not duplicate the effort when it counted. My best was a paltry 41'1" still good for third, but no where near my best effort. Of course I did volunteer to OFFICIATE the event, which was a factor, dag nab it.

My bigger problem is my release, that I'm pushing the implement beyond the toeboard and toe fouling. Either that or I'm staying back on the left foot in the power position, but tightening up and releasing it early down the left sector line, and fouling. Well, I guess that's what first meets are for, getting the rust out and figuring out what REALLY needs to be worked on...

2 comments:

shellswick said...

Go fight WIN!

ible said...

Well done, my son.